Dental Bridges at EGil Dental: Bridging the Gap to a Radiant Smile
Every smile tells a story. And at EGil Dental, we ensure your story is complete by filling the gaps and rejuvenating your confidence. Dental bridges, as their name suggests, bridge the gap created by one or more missing teeth, restoring both function and aesthetics. Dive into the world of dental bridges and discover the path to a complete smile.
Understanding Dental Bridges
A dental bridge comprises two or more crowns for the teeth on either side of the gap and a false tooth/teeth in between. These false teeth, known as pontics, can be made from gold, alloys, porcelain, or a combination of these materials. The anchoring teeth are called abutment teeth, while the false teeth fill the space, ensuring a natural appearance and functionality.
Why Consider a Dental Bridge?
- Aesthetics: A missing tooth can be a source of self-consciousness. Dental bridges restore your smile’s beauty, giving you a full set of teeth to flaunt.
- Functionality: Missing teeth can affect your bite and hinder you from enjoying your favorite foods. Bridges restore chewing and speaking ability.
- Preventing Misalignment: A gap can cause adjacent teeth to drift out of position, leading to a misaligned bite. Bridges ensure teeth remain in their proper place.
- Face Shape Preservation: Missing teeth can cause facial sagging over time. Dental bridges help in maintaining the shape and structure of your face.
Types of Dental Bridges
- Traditional Bridges: Involve creating a crown for the tooth or implant on either side of the missing tooth, with a pontic in between.
- Cantilever Bridges: Used when there are adjacent teeth on only one side of the missing tooth or teeth. This method is less common and not recommended for the back of the mouth where it might apply too much force.
- Maryland Bonded Bridges: Made of porcelain, porcelain fused to metal, or plastic teeth and gums supported by a metal or porcelain framework.
The Dental Bridge Procedure at EGil Dental
At EGil Dental, we pride ourselves on a seamless and comfortable experience. Our procedure includes:
- Consultation: A comprehensive examination to determine the suitability of a bridge and discussion about options.
- Preparation: The abutment teeth are re-contoured, and a portion of the enamel is removed to make space for the crown. Impressions are taken to create a custom bridge.
- Temporary Bridge: To protect the exposed teeth and gums, a temporary bridge is placed.
- Bridge Fitting: Once your custom bridge is ready, the temporary bridge is removed, and the new bridge is adjusted to achieve the right fit. Multiple visits may be necessary to adjust the fit.
- Cementing: Once perfectly adjusted, the bridge is cemented into place, ensuring a long-lasting solution.
Care and Maintenance
Your dental bridge is built to last, but it does require proper care:
- Regular brushing and flossing to prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
- Regular dental check-ups and cleanings.
- Avoiding hard or sticky foods that might damage the bridge.
Why Choose EGil Dental for Your Dental Bridges?
At EGil Dental, our team of professionals is dedicated to ensuring every patient walks out with a renewed smile and confidence. Our state-of-the-art equipment, combined with our years of expertise, makes us the go-to place in Miami for dental bridges.
A complete smile is more than just aesthetics; it’s about confidence, functionality, and health. At EGil Dental, we understand the significance of each smile, and with our dental bridges, we ensure every story is complete. Don’t let missing teeth dictate your narrative. Let us bridge the gap and light up your smile!
Ready to Bridge the Gap in Your Smile?
Contact EGil Dental today and schedule your consultation. Discover the world of possibilities with our dental bridge solutions. Your radiant smile awaits!